Thousands of books and other media have been written and produced about the martial arts and its practitioners. We encourage our students to expand their training beyond the studio and to explore outside offerings as a source of inspiration and education.
The following books are exceptional. They focus on subjects vital to new students and seasoned martial artists alike:
- Kenpo Karate 101, Lee Wedlake.
- The Journey: The Oral Histories of 24 of the Most Proficient American Kenpoists of Today, Joe Hyams and Tom Bleecker.
- The Secret Power Within, Chuck Norris.
- Zen in the Martial Arts, Joe Hyams.
- Power Breathing, Sang H. Kim.
- Bruce Lee’s Fighting Method: The Complete Edition, Bruce Lee and M. Uyehara.
- Tao of Jeet Kune Do, Bruce Lee.
- Karate-Do: My Way of Life, Gichin Funakoshi.
- Any books by Ed Parker*, including the Infinite Insights series and Secrets of Chinese Karate.
*Many of Mr. Parker’s books are rare and/or out of print; others are readily available. But the more the Kenpo student can absorb of the direct teachings of Ed Parker, the better!